Diane is the name.
Emotionally imbalanced 19 year old.
(With pretentious tendencies.)
Filipino by birth, Qatari at heart.
New Yorker by dream.
I have a tender spot in my heart for cripples, bastards and broken things
TALK NERDY TO ME | TAGS
Current obsessions include: MCU, Ed Sheeran, Adele, One Direction (judge away) and a plethora (and by plethora, I mean excessively unhealthy doses) of TV, including but not limited to: Game of Thrones, Sherlock, Agents of SHIELD, The Wire, Hannibal, Orphan Black, Bates Motel, Downton Abbey, Suit, Homeland, B99, HIMYM, BrBa (more)
You don’t get to choose if you get hurt in this world, but you do have a say in who hurts you. And I like my choices, I hope she likes hers.
I hate our Sociology prof for making me re-watch this and forcing me to write a reaction paper on it. I’m actually thinking of not writing anything, and passing a paper with only “My thoughts are stars I cannot fathom into constellations” written on it.
Things are looking up.
- Got an internship at one of the most revered management universities in the country/continent.
- Got accepted in both of my dream school-organizations (trainee-writer at my college’s local paper, and trainee-blogger at our uni’s official online publication).
- Was blessed to have spent one week with the mother. (She visited to check up on us and feed us healthy food. Plus I finally gained the courage to tell her that I plan to take the entrance exam to law school after I graduate, and she said she’s okay with it!)
- I can do side planks again after weeks of plateau and almost-relapse. And I’m digits away from my goals, yay.
- Acads-wise, though I haven’t seen the actual results, I feel pretty optimistic about majority of the preliminary exams I took last week.
- Found out that 2 of my favorite bands would be coming to Manila next year. (This is a bit of a toss up though, at times it’s more of a bad news because broke.)
- Aaaand, I finally got acquainted with the infamous Holden Caulfield.
He is perfect fit to Holden Caulfield!!!!!!!!!
Going months without organizing or even putting your clothes away. Then one night going through all the clothes you own and organizing them in one sitting.
Yes yes yesssss
I’ve just realized what my ultimate pet peeve is: myself. I’m a fucking phony. An unscrupulous, crumby, no-good phony.
We teach girls to shrink themselves, to make themselves smaller. We say to girls, “You can have ambition But not too much. You should aim to be successful but not too successful otherwise you will threaten the man.” Because I am female I am expected to aspire to marriage. I am expected to make my life choices always keeping in mind that marriage is the most important. Now marriage can be a source of Joy and love and mutual support, but why do we teach girls to aspire to marriage and we don’t teach boys the same? We raise girls to see each other as competitors- not for jobs or for accomplishments which I think can be a good thing- but for the attention of men. We teach girls that they cannot be sexual beings In the way that boys are. Feminist: a person who believes in the social political, and economic equality of the sexes.
As I watch the sun slowly descend upon the world, I am always struck by a strange and timeless thinking that the world is still full of possibilities. I feel a connection to the grand, elusive scheme intertwining to all of humankind, and I am struck by something undefined. Even though I can’t define that thing, it still compels me to do better with my life than what I have done so far.